Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Breaking down Brandon Dubinsky's comments about Jody Shelley

"That's what he'll look like by the time I'm done with him." - Dubinsky (not actually a quote.)
Photo from Broadstreethockey.com


Last year's HBO 24/7 series featured Bruce Boudreau and some colorful language.  Well, Boudreau is now unemployed, but Brandon Dubinsky is doing his share to hype up this year's 24/7 series.  In case, you missed it, here are some of Dubinsky's comments regarding Jody Shelley and what he really meant to say (you can read the original article here).


Rangers forward Brandon Dubinsky fired back at Flyers enforcer Jody Shelley, who called him a "weasel" in HBO's 15-minute "24/7" teaser.

"For the first time in the Gary Bettman era, NHL players expressed emotion."


"It won't be long before he's out of the league, because he's a terrible hockey player," Dubinsky told the New York Daily News on Monday.

"My buddy Prust has been warming up his elbows for our next game against the Flyers."


Dubinsky, who led the Rangers in scoring last season*, continued to blast his former teammate.

*Not a difficult thing to do last season.


"First of all, if I was him, I'd keep my mouth shut if I don't play, especially since I never see him on the ice."

"BizNasty plays more than this guy."

"He's usually just yapping from the bench, and I guess now he's yapping from behind the video camera. So that's about all I have to say."

"I follow BizNasty on Twitter, but I would never follow Shelley.  Take that, Jody!"


But he didn't stop there. The 25-year-old forward also called Flyers antagonist Zac Rinaldo "an idiot.*"

*Upon further review, Dubinsky's comment about Rinaldo is, in fact, a fact.


"I think he's an idiot.  He's not really a good hockey player. So if that's what he does to try to get under our skin, I don't think it works very well. He's not very effective at it. I think they should just keep putting him on the ice because he's a liability against us."

"This Rinaldo guy is exactly like Sean Avery...oh wait, you didn't hear that!"